Bakers Royale had us at Snickers, and sealed the deal with Profiteroles! Today’s Tuesday Treat not only tastes divine and looks the part, but is also surprisingly easy to assemble.
Makes about 4 dozen | Preparation: Line bake sheet with parchment paper. Heat oven to 425 degrees in F.
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 stick butter (6 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon sugar plus
- 5 3/4 ounces flour
- 1 cup eggs, about 4 large eggs and 2 whites
Peanut butter mousse
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 ounces soft (silken) tofu
- 1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 4 full size Snickers bars, sliced thin
- 6 oz. caramel sauce
- 6 oz. chocolate sauce
To make pate choux:
- Place water, butter and sugar in a medium size sauce pan and bring to a boil. Remove pan from heat and add flour, using a wooden spoon or a sturdy spatula stir mixture until it comes together. Then return pan to heat. Continue stirring and working the mixture until all flour is incorporated and dough forms a ball. Transfer mixture into a standing mixer bowl and let cool for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Fit stand mixer with a whisk attachment and set mixer to low. Add 1 egg at a time, making sure each egg is completely incorporated before continuing. Once all eggs have been added and the mixture is smooth put dough into piping bag fitted with a round tip. Immediately pipe into golfball-size shapes, 2 inches apart onto parchment lined sheet pans. Bake for 10 minutes, then turn the oven down to 350 degrees F and bake for 10 more minutes or until golden brown. Once they are removed from the oven pierce with a paring knife immediately to release steam.
To make peanut butter mousse:
- Place cold heavy cream in a cold bowl and using a hand mixer beat until soft peaks form.
- Place tofu, peanut butter, sifted powdered sugar in a food processor or blender and pulse until all the ingredients until well blended.
- Fold whipped cream into tofu and peanut butter mixture in three batches. Chill mousse for 30-40 minutes before piping.
- Slice profiteroles into three horizontal layers. Fit a pastry bag with preferred tip.
- Pipe mousse onto bottom profiterole layer. Place two thinly sliced Snickers on top and then drizzle with with caramel and chocolate sauce. Continuing layering until all three layers are completed.Bakers Royale had us at Snickers, and sealed the deal with Profiteroles!Makes about 4 dozen | Preparation: Line bake sheet with parchment paper. Heat oven to 425 degrees in F.