Spiked Sorbet Recipe
- 1/2 cup of your favourite VnC Cocktail
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups water
- grated lemon zest
- 3 1/2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and water until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the lemon zest; stir until mixture comes to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Place a fine strainer over a large bowl and pour syrup mixture through (straining out any zest).
- Add lemon juice and vodka to the strained syrup mixture; stir until thoroughly blended.
Ice Cream Maker Method:
Transfer mixture to ice cream maker, process according to manufacturers instructions.
Pour into a container, cover and place mixture in the freezer. When it is semi-solid, mash it up with a fork and refreeze again. When frozen, place in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Cover and refreeze until ready to serve.
By: The Proper Pinwheel
1. Carve out some lemons
3. Scoop sorbet just before serving
Photos by: The Proper Pinwheel