LIVE // 100 Things To Do In The Real World
Tired of living your life in front of a computer? We absolutely love Gala Darling’s list of ‘100 Things To Do Instead of Procrastinating on The Internet’. Check out our favourite Top 20 below, or see the full list here. Put together your own list, print it out and cross them off as you go!
1. Go through your entire closet & cull what isn’t working for you. This includes anything that is the wrong colour, shape or size. It also includes anything that you TRULY KNOW you will never wear. Throw them in a suitcase & trundle it to your nearest consignment boutique. I just did this on Tuesday, & I cannot tell you how peaceful it felt!
2. Call your best friend. Yes, actually have a conversation on the telephone! (Terrifying, I know!) I’m sure your BFF will be thrilled & surprised to hear from you, & you’ll have a great chat. Isn’t it weird that when the phone rings these days, we assume it’s a call centre or that someone has butt-dialed us by mistake? Let’s work to remedy that!
3. Go to the library. If you don’t have a library card, this is the time to get one! There are few things more wonderful than spending an hour or two in the library, perusing the stacks & selecting a few tantalizing tomes.
4. Go to a flea market & seek out treasures! You don’t need to have a lot of money for this to be enjoyable; even if you can’t afford to spend a cent, the people & things you’ll see are an experience in themselves!
5. Learn how to cook something fantastic. If you don’t normally cook anything, this will amaze the people who know you! If you’re pretty gung-ho in the kitchen, then work something new into your repertoire!
6. Coordinate ten new outfits from head to toe. This will take at least a little bit of stress out of your week! Set them up in their entirety & hang them in your closet. It feels so good to have pre-made outfits ready to go!
7. Write down a list of goals, & don’t just scrawl down whatever you feel is expected of you. Make it a list of audacious ambitions. Write down things that scare you. Add things which feel so big that you have no idea how they could ever possibly happen. Then put it somewhere where you’ll see it every day.
8. Make stickers of your Instagram pictures & then put them EVERYWHERE. No, really, EVERYWHERE. Gala Darling used Printstagram!
9. Meditate. Ommmmmmm!
10. Draw a picture, even if drawing isn’t your strongest area. I am very insecure about my drawing skills, but have been having so much fun with The Scribble Diary! It’s a great way to stretch your brain.
11. Write a love letter to your one & only. Or to your one-of-many! Or your best friend, your mother, your teacher. But top marks if you write it to yourself, seal it in an envelope, & hide it in your room somewhere.
12. Sit yourself on a bench & people-watch. Wear sunglasses so you can have a really good gawk!
13. Go to the gym. Lift some weights. It’s good for you!
14. Organise a clothing swap with your friends. So much fun! Everyone has to bring a few items they don’t wear anymore, you put ‘em all in a pile & everyone (hopefully!) goes home with something new.
15. Plan a party. It doesn’t have to be anything too high-strung, either. Why not arrange a low-key yet fabulous picnic for your five best friends?
16. Play tourist in your city. Go & check out what your city is famous for. You might be pleasantly surprised!
17. Go on a road trip. Sometimes the best way to do this is pack a bag, grab a friend, pick a direction & start driving. Don’t over plan it too much. Keep it simple & remember to take your camera!
18. Have your palm read. Take your best friend with you. It’s more fun that way!
19. Have a reflexology session. Few things feel so sublime. Just do some googling to find the best places near you!
20. Do that thing. You know… That thing you’ve been meaning to do for ages. That thing you’ve been putting off for days, weeks, months. That thing that as soon as I say “that thing” you know exactly what I’m talking about. That thing. Yeah. Go do that.
Source: Gala Darling